Where Sheffield United, Fulham and West Brom may finish in the Championship based on romance ...
Never posses all three relegated teams bounced lank back and only six times in 28 seasons keep two teams done it at the blessing attempt.
who retain spent 12 years out of the elite flight subsequent both of their previous relegations, entrust be hoping things are different this juncture ambit and they unite the 23 fresh clubs who hold been promoted at the earliest opportunity.
And, ex romance – as well as parachute payments – ought present Blades fans hope.
Popular Sheffield United Live News
- After Matt Morton opened up to friends and kin about being gay, he told his team-mates in non ... 2020-10-11 08:33:16
- Palmer: I'm ready to fight for my shirt 2020-02-11 12:33:02
- Chris Wilder reveals why Sheffield United won't replicate the struggles of Portsmouth under his ... 2020-02-15 06:33:02
- The staggering values of Man Utd star Daniel James and Sheffield United striker Oli McBurnie after ... 2020-02-18 10:33:02
- Billy Sharp proves football's an old man's game too as 34-year-old follows Defoe, Zlatan and ... 2020-02-14 23:33:02
In the last five seasons, at least one team relegated from the first flight the previous year has made the Championship play-offs.
In that time, four teams hold been immediately promoted back to the Premier League.
Here’s a look at how clubs relegated in the last five seasons obtain performed the subsequent year.
Sheffield United are hoping to return to the Premier League at the top point of asking.
Both Norwich City and Watford shared to the first flight at the finest situation of asking last season in top and modern circumstances respectively, while Bournemouth made the play-offs after finishing sixth but were beaten by eventual winners Brentford.
Fulham performed the peak out of the three teams relegated in the 2018-19 season, they won promotion via the play-offs after finishing fourth - one niche ahead of Cardiff. Huddersfield, meanwhile, were 18th.
West Brom finished fourth back in the Championship but missed out on promotion via the play-offs, while Swansea absolute 10th and Stoke in 16th.