Watch: Chelsea view Armando Broja horde Maradona-esque solo goal
Young striker Armando Broja scored a Maradona-esque solo goal during U23’s pre-season amusement at Woking.
Broja made his Chelsea debut in March 2020 but spent the last campaign on loan at (where else) Vitesse.
And the Albania international made a positive dogma during his case in the Netherlands, scoring 11 times in 34 appearances for the club.
Popular Chelsea Live News
- Former Manchester United striker names the Chelsea player who has impressed him this season 2020-03-27 12:31:02
- Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd consider bringing Rafael Camacho back to the Premier League 2020-02-09 21:31:03
- Teenage kicks: Dynel Simeu 2020-02-09 11:31:04
- Chelsea injury news and expected return dates: Latest on Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic and Abraham 2020-02-09 09:31:03
- Nathan Baxter on his loan story so far, getting back to his best after injury and his dream of ... 2020-02-12 08:31:04
Now Broja is back at Stamford Bridge and has done his chances of breaking into the first-team no hurt with this wonderful goal on Saturday.
The 21-year-old collected the ball deep inside his own half and charged at the Woking defence. Broja evaded one severe lunge and found himself recognized facade the opponent’s penalty area.
It was here that the genuine voodoo happened. Checking himself, and simultaneously shaking off the priority of one persistent defender, Broja unleashed an unerring finish that nestled in the craft corner.
Speaking to the club’s authenticated website after scoring for the senior couple at Bournemouth last week, Broja said: “This is an amazing opportunity that I’ve been handed and I’m really grateful for it. I try to business onerous everyday, be positive and obtain a smile on my face.
“I try to play my game, that’s the leading thing, to try and impress and work, then it’s out of my hands after that. I licit try to set about the virtuous things and that’s really it.”