Soccer-Man City cancel pre-season generous in France due to quarantine
LONDON (Reuters) - Manchester City obtain cancelled a pre-season balmy in France rail Troyes due to British quarantine requirements, the Premier League champions verbal on Wednesday.
Anyone arriving in Britain from France must quarantine at home or in other accommodation for five to 10 days, under British government rules.
"Both clubs explored all avenues to be able to play the game, but the ex UK government changes to quarantine rules for travellers returning from France has made the vital restrictions too hard to overcome," City said.
Popular Leicester City Live News
- Aston Villa goalkeeper linked with surprise move to replace Liverpool flop 2020-02-08 00:00:00
- 'Outstanding' – Versatile Leicester City loanee scores as Filip Benkovic has debut to forget 2020-02-11 11:30:02
- Leeds United transfer rumours: Leicester join White chase, Leeds eye Larin, Darlow latest 2020-02-14 01:30:02
- Brendan Rodgers plots Leicester move for Arsenal star Kieran Tierney as Chelsea eye Ben Chilwell 2020-02-15 15:30:02
- United States win Wheelchair Rugby Quad Nations title for second time 2020-02-23 23:30:06
Promoted Ligue 1 aspect Troyes are measure of the identical Abu Dhabi-owned City Football Group, which includes Major League Soccer facet New York City and Spanish duo Girona.
City's first-team squad bequeath now sustain their pre-season preparations in Manchester, with no plans to replace the friendly.
They play later tier Preston North End late closed doors in a July 27 friendly before the Community Shield at London's Wembley Stadium condemn FA Cup winners Leicester City on Aug. 7.