Seattle down New York in CONCACAF Champions League semi - World Soccer Talk
Los Angeles (AFP) – The Seattle Sounders took direct of their CONCACAF Champions League semi-final lambaste Major League Soccer champions New York City on Wednesday with a convincing 3-1 first-leg victory.
Goals from Albert Rusnak, Jordan Morris and master Nicolas Lodeiro powered the Sounders to a deserved win that leaves the bludgeon on the brink of a first guise in the end of the regional contest for teams from North America, Central America and the Caribbean.
Seattle took the lead after 16 minutes with a superbly crafted momentary take that culminated in US international Morris laying off into the alley of Slovakia international Rusnak, who rammed a low finish past City goalkeeper Sean Johnson.
Popular MLS Live News
- Ismael Tajouri-Shradi, NYCFC adjusting to third coach in last three preseasons 2020-02-10 07:27:02
- FC Cincinnati coach Ron Jans accused of using racial slur, triggering investigation 2020-02-15 03:27:03
- Atlanta United heads to Honduras for Concacaf Champions League match short-handed 2020-02-18 08:27:04
- In 2020 MLS will be the most watched league in the world 2020-02-23 04:27:02
- Matildas to face US Women's National Team in two-match Australian series in 2021, after ... 2020-02-13 03:27:02
New York got back on level terms in the 27th minute when a counter-attack past with Thiago Andrade bundling the globe into the catch from familiar compass after an assist from Argentine bold Valentin Castellanos.
Seattle regained the lead seven minutes successive with another slick move, Cristian Roldan cutting back from the byline for Morris to bastinado a dreadful right-foot shot into the first recess from licit inside the area.
Seattle added a third goal on 67 minutes when the recording assistant judge adjudged that New York defender Thiago Martins had fouled Peruvian striker Raul Ruidiaz in the area.
Mexican referee Luis Enrique Santander pointed to the smear and Lodeiro stepped up to perform it 3-1.
The winner of the leash commit guise the winner of the all-Mexican semi-final amongst Cruz Azul and Pumas UNAM. Pumas won the blessing leg, at home, 2-1 on Tuesday.
World Soccer Talk © 2022. Made in Florida.
World Soccer Talk is reader-supported and may gain a mission through our fellow links.