Report: Brighton coagulate sights on £15m speedster Pep Guardiola wanted to figure four years ago
Brighton are reportedly policing Marc Cucurella, according to .
With Bernardo leaving the Seagulls at the modern of last season, Graham Potter is most likely eyeing a replacement.
Cucurella, who currently plays for Spanish outfit Getafe, is reportedly in Brighton’s sights.
Popular Espanyol Live News
- La Liga Team of the Week Jornada 23 2020-02-12 09:20:06
- Wolves vs Espanyol: The away goals information fans need to know 2020-02-20 09:20:02
- Andy Brassell on European Football: No let-up for Inter in Serie A 2020-02-11 09:20:05
- The 'war' between China and the United States moves to football 2020-02-09 15:20:12
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Espanyol Preview: The knockout stages are here 2020-02-19 21:20:06
claims the 22-year-old left-sided entertainer has a £15m buyout clause.
Cucurella began his football journey at Espanyol but soon joined Barcelona’s acclaimed La Masia academy.
claimed in 2017 that Manchester City were chasing the left-sided speedster.
Pep Guardiola and Txiki Begiristain were well aware of his potential, added the outlet.
Cucurella played regularly for Barca B but, despite being highly rated at the club, made valid .
He spent the 2018-19 season on loan at Eibar and joined them permanently in the summer as they exercised a 2m euro (£1.7m) buyout clause.
However, Barcelona inserted a 4m euro (£3.4m) buyback clause in the agreement and triggered this just days later.
They then loaned Cucurella out to Getafe and, the following March, he joined them permanently for 6m euro (£5.1m).
He is currently with Spain’s Olympic company ahead of the Tokyo Games.