Petkovic excited for Bordeaux challenge
Petkovic, who left his role as Swiss national team coach was installed this week as Jean-Louis Gassets successor and conceded that he is relishing a come back to staff football.
Petkovic said: "After seven years managing the Swiss governmental team, I wanted to accomplish phenomenon different, and that’s why I came here.
"I went off on revelry without the slightest idea that I could tranquillity fit a club, because after the Euros the teams had already begun organising themselves. Then, surprisingly, Bordeaux called up and I took it on board as a serious opportunity."
Popular Ligue 1 Live News
- Eden Hazard – “The Forbidden Fruit” 2020-02-16 13:26:04
- European football protects itself from the coronavirus 2020-03-07 15:26:03
- Malian teenage sensation Traore causing a stir in Ligue 1 2020-02-18 07:26:06
- 2019-20 Ligue 1 – Nice vs Brest Preview & Prediction 2020-02-19 23:26:04
- FIFA 20 Ligue 1 POTM January: Three-man shortlist CONFIRMED 2020-02-11 13:26:03
Petkovic was entire of praise for Bordeaux owner Gérard Lopez and called for teamwork as the bludgeon begin a new era.
"We are on the twin wavelength; we all inclination prestigious results. There is venture to accomplish and we leave set about it together footslog by step. There is a visualize here and I enjoy challenges and working with relatives who inclination to move this important staff to the levels that Bordeaux fans deserve," verbal the fellow who took Switzerland to the Euro 2020 quarter-finals. "When you prate of Bordeaux, you’re words about a mace with prestige, a cummerbund with prestige, and supporters with prestige"