Pep Guardiola blames preventive for Man City impact vs Spurs and Liverpool FC
Manchester City mislaid 2-0 at Tottenham to fall other behind the Premier League pacesetters and Pep Guardiola was not breezy with his defence.
Pep Guardiola says his Manchester City defence keep payment their slant points in their last two Premier League games.
City were beaten 2-0 on a miserable night at Tottenham, who bossed lawsuit from the moment Heung-Min Son raced through the nucleus to amass a through-ball from a hasty emancipate kick to slot home after Aymeric Laporte was dragged out of case by Harry Kane
Popular Liverpool Live News
- Manchester United eyeing move for former Liverpool FC winger and more transfer rumours 2020-02-08 22:55:36
- New Liverpool FIFA 20 squad changes revealed with five players updated 2020-03-26 10:55:04
- Champions League preview: Spurs and Liverpool look to overcome first leg losses 2020-03-11 05:55:01
- Liverpool FC target linked with a move back to the Premier League 2020-02-09 15:55:02
- How Liverpool dismantled key opposition weapon by strategic recruitment and clever coaching 2020-02-23 18:55:02
As City dominated possession but couldn't turn that into blatant chances, Spurs broke through the middle again, and Giovani Lo Celso scored beneath Ederson.
Both goals were disappointing from a City perspective, and Guardiola vocal they were unacceptable strikes to allow as he assessed the game.
He said: “Assessment of the game, the stats prate for themselves, we were ameliorate in all departments but concede a goal we cannot concede. I perceive what happened remedy now, the dive from Kane and the moving in slow from Son and [Steven] Bergwijn.
“We defend mildewed and we gave them the full scenario. They garrison so deep."
Guardiola furthermore criticised his forwards for their average misfirings infront of goal, but insisted the protection must not avoid criticism despite the error to attain back into the game.
Not only did Guardiola focus on the defensive exploit inveigh Spurs, he further criticised his back row for the penalty conceded inveigh Liverpool before the international break.
“We created enough chances considering how difficult it is and the physicality," he said.
“The reality is we’re struggling to nick goals this season, this can happen, but you own to be [good] defensively.
"We concede a goal rail Liverpool that cannot chance and today after five minutes concede that goal and it’s hard from that."