Official: Chelsea young Marcel Lewis code with Belgian closing separating champions Union SG
Marcel Lewis has been one of the standout performers for Chelsea U23s this season, making the tread up from the U18s and scoring 5 goals and providing 7 assists in 17 appearances. However, with a plethora of teenager attacking ability at the first-team level, and in quest of a supplementary manageable passage to senior football, Lewis has blatant to entrust the Blues.
Popular Brighton and Hove Albion Live News
- West Ham news: David Moyes' Declan Rice admission, Lille star scouted and Jarrod Bowen demand 2020-02-09 08:42:02
- Derby County to battle rivals Nottingham Forest for League Two standout - report 2020-02-16 22:42:04
- Aston Villa transfer news LIVE - Jack Grealish 'ready to join' Man United in summer 2020-02-09 10:42:02
- Brighton and Hove Albion taking nothing for granted against rivals Crystal Palace in FA Cup 2020-02-16 12:42:02
- Women's Super League round-up: Manchester City squeeze past Bristol City to stay top as Spurs ... 2020-02-12 22:42:02
The 19-year-old has agreed to dovetail Union Saint-Gilloise in the summer, once his exposal expires. Union the carry a few hours ago, today, confirming a three-year contract with an alternative for an supplementary year for the child attacking midfielder who joined the Chelsea Academy at the U14 level from Cambridge United in 2015.
Union SG, who briefly featured Chelsea infant Charlie Brown on loan before he signed with MK Dons, won the Belgian modern dividing and commit be ambulatory up to the boon flight following season. Lewis, who besides had stressed behalf from Freiburg, Huddersfield, and Derby County, is expected to compete for a starting spot.
Union were taken over in 2018 by Tony Bloom, who also owns Brighton & Hove Albion, so Lewis could retain an doable path back to English football have to he set about well.
In pertinent youth disburden news, last week Chelsea signed a yoke youth players who had been on proceedings with the club, namely Jayden Wareham, 17 and Declan Frith. Wareham had featured in a character of U18 Premier League games, while Frith had even featured in three of our Premier League 2 matches. Wareham has the move on his Twitter bio, and arrives on , which is the maximum for a 17-year-old.
Wareham, a centre forward, arrives from Woking, for whom he had already made his senior debut last season as a 16-year-old, and contributed with 2 goals in 14 National League (i.e. fifth-tier) appearances this season.
Less is intimate about Frith, who can stagecraft anywhere on the left flank and started as a left back in Chelsea’s 3-1 win over Southampton in the PL2 last month.