Newcastle are one of five clubs interested in Valladolid defender Salisu
Newcastle are one of several clubs to have registered an interest in Real Valladolid defender Mohammed Salisu, .
The Ghanian centre-back attracted plenty of attention in the January transfer widow, with in December that Valladolid were preparing to lose the 20-year old once the market opened.
Nothing ultimately came to fruition though, with Salisu remaining at the Estadio Jose Zorrilla.
Popular Real Valladolid Live News
- Real Madrid and Manchester United ready to lock horns 'over interest in Mohammed Salisu'... and ... 2020-02-12 13:14:04
- Valladolid vs Villarreal Preview and Prediction Live stream LaLiga Santander 2020 2020-02-19 07:14:02
- Football: Atletico get timely victory, Getafe make top-four statement 2020-02-09 13:14:02
- Atletico Madrid Ready To Pay Mohammed Salisu's €12m Clause 2020-02-19 13:14:03
- Is this the worst LaLiga title race in memory? Ahead of vital El Clasico between Real Madrid and ... 2020-03-01 15:14:02
that Valladolid manager Sergio Gonzalez had intended on having Salisu play for the reserves while training with the first-team this season, only for an injury crisis to force his hand and put Salisu into the starting lineup for the first game of the season.
Since then, the defender has been able to establish himself as regular starter, this season except against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, where he came on after half an hour.
Now Newcastle, as well as Valencia, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Manchester United are believed to be the centre-back in the summer.
The 6’3 powerhouse was earlier this season, and at just 20-years old, there is plenty more time for the player to continue growing and improving.
Salisu as being an elegant football too, claiming that he was first spotted in Ghana by talent scouts for his technical attributes, with the defender having much more to his game than just physicality.
Fran Castano, the man who discovered Salisu’s talents in Ghana, told that the defender could play for one of the best teams in the world later in his career, highlighting the potential that the 20-year-old possesses.