New Reims director Óscar García cites Barcelona and Salzburg as shrewd inspirations
Speaking to RMC Football this week, modern Reims supervisor Óscar García discussed his strategic plans for the season to come, citing his obsolete clubs as inspirations.
Reims begin their season sequential Sunday condemn Nice, as the Spanish director makes his revert to a Ligue 1 bench for the peak point since his 2017 expression with Saint-Étienne.
The lapsed Olympiakos and Celta Vigo manager had earlier this pre-season preceived to L’Équipe that he wanted to “play like Barcelona on the ball, and like Salzburg off the ball”.
Popular Ligue 1 Live News
- Eden Hazard – “The Forbidden Fruit” 2020-02-16 13:26:04
- European football protects itself from the coronavirus 2020-03-07 15:26:03
- Malian teenage sensation Traore causing a stir in Ligue 1 2020-02-18 07:26:06
- 2019-20 Ligue 1 – Nice vs Brest Preview & Prediction 2020-02-19 23:26:04
- FIFA 20 Ligue 1 POTM January: Three-man shortlist CONFIRMED 2020-02-11 13:26:03
“Yes, that’s what I want to do, although there are matches where we won’t be able to. But that’s the idea. Technical players are ethical on the ball, but in final football that’s not enough. We dearth to perform more, that’s what we dearth to venture on.”
“What’s important is the philosophy, not the formation. You can inspire with a equipment and then change. For me, it doesn’t debate whether you drama with three or four in defence. We’re trying to job with 2-3 systems that we can use this season.”
“I’m very breezy here. Everything I was told about during pre-season has happened. We posses a youth academy which is entire to venture with, and we own young players. That’s how I like to work.”