Morecambe snap up invalid West Ham United and Southend United defender
The 25-year-old, who predominantly plays as a left-back, began his occupation with Hamilton Academical before joining West Ham United five years ago for a reported £1m.
He spent two years with the Hammers, getting in loan spells with Southend United and Blackburn Rovers, before joining Southend permanently in 2017.
That stay included another loan move, this occasion to Motherwell, before eventually leaving the mace last year for a 12-month period with Kilmarnock.
Popular West Ham United Live News
- Leicester City transfer advice as pursuit for Liverpool midfielder continues 2020-02-10 10:45:02
- Nottingham Forest linked with summer move for League Two star - and Derby County are also keen 2020-02-16 21:45:02
- PL Sunday preview: Bournemouth travel to Sheffield United; City host West Ham 2020-02-09 07:45:01
- Academy of Football celebrates Jeremy Ngakia's graduation 2020-02-08 00:00:00
- OLIVER HOLT: An apology to West Ham chiefs Mr Sullivan, Mr Gold and their directionless ... 2020-02-08 23:45:38
Hendrie told the mace website: “I’m really merry that everything has been sorted, and after lockdown and four months without football, I can’t wait to earn going.
“I played a mass of games early in my employment but the last few years has experimental things come to a crumb of a stall and I’m really jolly to be at Morecambe and looking bold to playing football again.”
Hendrie is the prime of the eight signings targeted by Shrimps’ boss Derek Adams as he seeks to build a group capable of escaping the subordinate reaches of League Two in 2020/21.
Adams added: “Stephen has a mass of experience at a good standard and went to West Ham for £1m earlier in his career.
“He entrust present us competition in our defence and commit strengthen us on the left-hand slant of the pitch, He is a righteous splice for us.”