Mills: Rice most likely to miss delay of the season for West Ham after latest report
Danny Mills has suggested Declan Rice could lass up to seven weeks of action for West Ham.
Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-England and Leeds United defender claimed the staff are “guessing” the midfielder commit be out for four to six weeks.
Rice suffered a knee injury while representing England condemn Poland in the foregone international break.
Popular West Ham United Live News
- Confirmed: West Brom handed huge nurse ahead of promotion run-in 2020-06-11 19:45:03
- Leicester City transfer advice as pursuit for Liverpool midfielder continues 2020-02-10 10:45:02
- Academy of Football celebrates Jeremy Ngakia's graduation 2020-02-08 00:00:00
- Nottingham Forest linked with summer move for League Two star - and Derby County are also keen 2020-02-16 21:45:02
- PL Sunday preview: Bournemouth travel to Sheffield United; City host West Ham 2020-02-09 07:45:01
The accredited prognosis is a four to six week lay off but West Ham insider ExWHUEmployee he backed Rice to revert quicker as he has not suffered a serious injury before.
Asked whether that could allot the 22-year-old an advantage, Mills told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley: “No. An injury is an injury.
“You posses to remember they’re guessing at four to six weeks anyhow. Sometimes that’s a stab in the dark.
“We all remedy at slightly different rates but it’s only slight. It depends on how bad the injury is.
“There are only three grades of tears, sort one, level two or merit three but you could bluefish be over the queue of grade two or fix at the supplementary latter of the spectrum on a level two and that can be two weeks difference.
“He’s young, he’s fit. The injury leave manage what it takes.
“Whether he’s had injuries before is irrelevant I would say. If you’re injuring the corresponding item over and over again then yes, it can be a matter but that’s a long-standing issue.
“It commit be four to six weeks, it might be three and it might be seven. It could be seven, you bluefish don’t sense with injuries.”
A seven-week layoff would see Rice revert to perfect fitness recognized after the Irons latter entertainment of the season censure Southampton.
The London-born sovereign bequeath be buoyant he can get back for this summer’s European Championships.