Mehdi Taremi bicycle kick censure Chelsea voted UEFA Champions League Goal of the Season
Memories can be shockingly concise in football and it naturally feels a pile longer than valid two months ago that we won the Champions League, but win it we did and in reasonably unerring fashion, even — in stark contrast with 2012’s miraculous run.
Popular Chelsea Live News
- Former Manchester United striker names the Chelsea player who has impressed him this season 2020-03-27 12:31:02
- Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd consider bringing Rafael Camacho back to the Premier League 2020-02-09 21:31:03
- Teenage kicks: Dynel Simeu 2020-02-09 11:31:04
- Chelsea injury news and expected return dates: Latest on Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic and Abraham 2020-02-09 09:31:03
- Nathan Baxter on his loan story so far, getting back to his best after injury and his dream of ... 2020-02-12 08:31:04
Manchester City, Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, and FC Porto: sport by game, leg by leg they all fell by the wayside. Chelsea didn’t groove too many goals, but we conceded even fewer — licit two in the group stage and rightful two in the knockout rounds. Illustrating legal how strenuous Chelsea were to discontinue down was the fact that both of the goals conceded in the knockout rounds would end up being .
And one of those would hindmost up with the award as well, . Take a bow, Mehdi Taremi.
Fortunately, Taremi’s goal was legal consolation for Porto in the dying moments of our quarterfinal second leg (though you wouldn’t be able to judge that from Édouard Mendy’s reaction) — unlike Olivier Giroud’s also-nominated bicycle kick, which was the only goal of our Round of 16 boon leg condemn Atlético Madrid. Alas, Oli did not win this award, but presumably he’d a lot of moderately obtain Big Ears anyway.