Manchester United set for four-way battle to sign Paris Saint-Germain star and more rumours
All the latest Man Utd transfer rumours and gossip including an update on PSG striker Edinson Cavani
Manchester United will face competition from three other clubs to sign Paris-Saint Germain striker Edinson Cavani at the end of the season - according to reports.
United boss is expected to sign a striker in the upcoming transfer window and the club could opt to turn Odion Ighalo’s loan deal into a permanent move.
Popular Manchester United Live News
- Arsenal and Manchester United stars train together during Gunners' warm weather camp in Dubai 2020-02-08 23:35:00
- Ed Woodward says Manchester United see this summer as important in rebuild 2020-02-10 18:34:02
- Paul Pogba is 'desperate' to play in Manchester United's run-in as he steps up recovery from ankle ... 2020-02-12 02:34:02
- Woodward backs Solskjær to lead Manchester United's summer spending 2020-02-11 00:34:03
- Manchester United Must Make Their Move Against Chelsea 2020-02-15 11:34:04
However, reports in Spain claim are keeping their options open if they do not decide to sign the Nigerian international and Cavani is of interest.
believe United are one of the main parties who want to sign the Uruguayan striker on a free transfer when his contract with Paris Saint-Germain expires at the end of the current campaign.
The Reds will reportedly face competition from Argentinian sides Boca Juniors and Atletico Madrid as well as Serie A giants Inter Milan.
M.E.N. Sport reported back in January that Cavani was open to a move to United in the January transfer window but PSG demanded a fee of £25million to complete the deal.
Elsewhere, reports in Italy suggest United have received an offer from Premier League rivals Arsenal for defender Chris Smalling.
The former England international has impressed during his loan spell with Roma this season and the Italian side are believed to want to keep him in Italy permanently.
claim Roma will face competition from the Gunners who have asked for more information on Smalling’s availability.
The publication claims Roma would only be able to sanction another loan move as they don’t have the funds for a permanent transfer which could hand Arsenal the advantage in the race for his signature.