Malian teenage sensation Traore causing a stir in Ligue 1
Malian teenage sensation El Bilal Toure is causing ripples in French Ligue 1 as he sets records with Stade de Reims.
Signed in summer last year, the diminutive and pacy forward had been lined up to play for the reserve team but his rapid development caught the eyes of the coaches and was offered a professional contract in January and made his debut in the match against Angers.
The Ivory Coast-born striker scored the first goal in a 4-1 Ligue 1 win over Angers on 1 February 2020. This made him Reims' youngest goalscorer in Ligue 1. He was aged 18 years and 121 days at the time.
Popular Ligue 1 Live News
- Eden Hazard – “The Forbidden Fruit” 2020-02-16 13:26:04
- European football protects itself from the coronavirus 2020-03-07 15:26:03
- 2019-20 Ligue 1 – Nice vs Brest Preview & Prediction 2020-02-19 23:26:04
- FIFA 20 Ligue 1 POTM January: Three-man shortlist CONFIRMED 2020-02-11 13:26:03
- Rennes star has time on his side – could Camavinga be Casemiro's deputy at Real Madrid? 2020-03-29 11:26:05
He followed up this feat by notching his second goal on Saturday in Reims 1-0 victory over Stade Rennais. He won and converted a penalty for the lone goal of the match.
With such eye-catching performances, it will be a matter of time before bigger clubs in and outside of France start coveting the signature of the 2019 Africa U-20 champion.
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App