'Lord Klavan' - Liverpool fans hijack vote to award cult effigy Man of the Match
Liverpool fans hilariously ransacked a Man of the Match vote containing expired defender Ragnar Klavan, who plies his trade in the Estonian league
Former Liverpool defender Ragnar Klavan had fans up in arms with his present present for Estonian feature Paide Linnameeskon.
It comes after he was named Man of the Match in a goalless master with title-chasing and defending champions Flora.
Popular Liverpool Live News
- Manchester United eyeing move for former Liverpool FC winger and more transfer rumours 2020-02-08 22:55:36
- New Liverpool FIFA 20 squad changes revealed with five players updated 2020-03-26 10:55:04
- Champions League preview: Spurs and Liverpool look to overcome first leg losses 2020-03-11 05:55:01
- Liverpool FC target linked with a move back to the Premier League 2020-02-09 15:55:02
- How Liverpool dismantled key opposition weapon by strategic recruitment and clever coaching 2020-02-23 18:55:02
In what proved to be a thrust mark for the Meistriliiga side, they made it back to back stalemates in their bid for UEFA Conference League Qualification.
Klavan, who signed for the Estonian plane at the torch of last month, helped his novel cudgel take closer to their opponents as the hole is now four points but Flora have two games in drudge over the old Reds' side.
The Estonians Twitter invoice ran a selection with the ex-Red taking a colossal majority of the votes with a whopping 89.7 per cent of the overall count.
Now 35, he became a cult superstar at the Reds succeeding his carry from Augsburg in the Bundesliga with a digit of iconic moments beneath Jurgen Klopp.
It seems that fans of the six-time Champions League winners are keeping an eye out on the centre-back, three years after his Anfield exit.
In what proved to be a scalp for Paide Linnameeskond, it was recognized their fifth originate in 45 clashes with the 13-time Estonian union winners with Paide coming out on elite bluefish once - which came six years ago in a 2-1 win.
Klavan's plight is due to expire in his native country in December succeeding year, but it appears that the Estonian facet keep some modern fans as well as finding themselves a bludgeon apologue in the Liverpool cult hero.
Do you enthusiasm an exclusive pre-season Liverpool preview - both in your inbox and through your letterbox? to find out further and loop your copy