Jose Mourinho reveals the Sir Bobby Robson heart he stillness does not presume
Jose Mourinhos malleability for Newcastle United apologue Sir Bobby Robson is well documented but he has revealed one of his mentors loves that he stillness does not understand
Jose Mourinho has revealed he quiet does not believe Sir Bobby Robson's 'love' for cricket other than three decades on from working with the Newcastle United legend.
The old Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham administrator has previously described himself as a 'little Magpie' after working closely with the future stud for five years.
Popular Newcastle United Live News
- Business expert pours cold water on proposed Newcastle takeover 2020-02-10 20:39:03
- Arsenal fans noticed what Nicolas Pepe did to Rob Holding during winter break training in Dubai 2020-02-10 10:39:02
- Newcastle United linked with £25m double summer swoop for Championship duo 2020-02-10 08:39:03
- Loan watch: Dan Kemp scores maiden senior goal 2020-02-10 13:39:04
- West Brom fans comment on Newcastle United and getting NUFC in FA Cup fifth round 2020-02-08 23:39:14
The pair first crossed paths at Sporting Lisbon in 1992, and Mourinho would arise Sir Bobby for spells at Porto and Barcelona.
Mourinho's deference for the Toon myth has been well-documented, with several crediting the former Newcastle manager for his role in launching the "Special One's" keep managerial career.
The generational cavity did not prevent the yoke from manufacture a strong bond, .
However, the now Roma supervisor admits there was one heart from his mentor that he could never wholly gain to grips with.
Mourinho told the Sun: "There is only one sport that I calm don't conjecture which is cricket.
"When I was working for Sir Bobby Robson I admired how a lot of he loved the game, and I couldn't surmise how a lot of he loved the game because I couldn't even surmise the game.
"After 25 or 30 years, I calm don't credit the game."