Italy: Serie A sees siginificant fall in TV viewers | - Advanced Television
The number of Italians watching Serie A football on their TV sets has dropped from an natural of 6.7 million per weekend to just over 3.4 million in one year.
The figures, recognized by Italian daily La Repubblica, relate to the finest two rounds of Italy’s elite football championship.
However, they maybe ought not be interpreted as a need of good by Italian football fans, but moderately a consequence of the defection of viewers to more devices also the traditional TV set.
Popular Serie A Live News
- Latest Tottenham transfer rumours: Spurs in Cantwell race, Bale blow, Smalling wanted 2020-02-18 00:52:03
- Serie A TV stunner Floriana Messina sings Diego Maradona's praises in revealing low-cut blessing succeeding ... 2020-06-25 17:52:03
- Serie A 2019/20: Parma vs Lazio – tactical analysis 2020-02-11 07:52:04
- Italy suspends all sports events, Serie A over coronavirus 2020-03-09 22:23:03
- Lecce vs Atalanta: live streaming free for the Serie A 2020-03-01 12:23:05
One year ago, Sky Italia had 5.6 million pay-TV subscribers, in addendum to DAZN’s over one million TV viewers.
Data declared by DAZN after two rounds and 20 matches played so far, reveal that 27-30 per cent of viewing now comes from mobile phones, 68 per cent peace upgrade a Smart TV or a traditional TV connected to a set-top pannier or Fire Stick, while the remaining 5 per cent guard on tablets and PCs.
According to announcement collected by Nielsen that takes into invoice all devices, 4.3 million Italians watched matches on the best day of the Serie A on DAZN, a sign that rose to 4.7 million for the closing week.
If to the story from Sky Italia is added, which shares the broadcasting rights for three matches during each round, the quota crest arrives to 6 million viewers. This indicates that even the significant ensue of DAZN’s audience is not enough to repossess for the aggregate decline in TV viewers for the Serie A this season.
Copyright Advanced Television Ltd © 2001–2021