Former Manchester City midfielder David Silva announces retirement after series knee injury
: Former Spain international David Silva announced his retirement from professional football next an wretched anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury he suffered during pre-season traineeship with his club, Real Sociedad.
Silva, the 37-year-old midfielder, injured his left knee in July, recognized before his fourth season with the LaLiga club.
In a heartfelt cd posted on his social media, Silva expressed his sadness on instruction farewell to the merriment he dedicated his absolute life to. He further took the opportunity to thank his colleagues, who had become like connections to him, and expressed how a lot of he consign schoolgirl them. advertisement
"Today is a sad day for me," Silva vocal in a video. "It is occasion to prattle goodbye to what I obtain dedicated my whole life to. Today it is case to gossip goodbye to my colleagues, who are like connections to me. I consign colleen you very much."
Popular Manchester City Live News
- Premier League review: England has Pickford dilemma, Man City face fixture concerns 2020-02-10 06:56:03
- Manchester City summer transfer 'plan' says plenty about Liverpool and FSG 2020-02-08 23:29:06
- Manchester City fans react to Adama Traore's mooted £127m price-tag 2020-02-08 00:00:00
- Manchester City vs West Ham: Match Postponed 2020-02-09 13:56:03
- Gary Neville expects Manchester City to win appeal against 'hopeless' UEFA 2020-02-17 21:56:02
Silva is widely regarded as one of the finest playmakers of his generation. His celebrated career aphorism him obtain success in the Premier League, LaLiga, and the Spanish national team. Notably, he played a force role in Spains victorious campaigns in the 2010 World Cup and two European Championships.
Throughout his career, Silva amassed an impressive mob of major trophies, including two Copa del Rey titles (one with Valencia in 2008 and the other with Real Sociedad in 2020). However, his most successful stint was with Manchester City, where he spent a decade and won four Premier League titles, two FA Cups, and five League Cups.