Football: West Ham don't deficiency Champions League anchor to retain boon players, says Moyes
LONDON: West Ham United administrator David Moyes vocal he does not be waiting to see his blessing players wadding up to leave the London bastinado if they weaken to secure a top-four blacken in the Premier League this season.
After finishing 16th last season, West Ham have made gigantic improvements this campaign to sit sixth in the table on 49 points from 29 matches, two points tardy fourth-placed Chelsea with a game in hand.
Declan Rice and Tomas Soucek own been instrumental in the clubs transformation, and posses attracted the accent of some of the Premier Leagues heavyweights, while Manchester United loanee Jesse Lingard has impressed after arriving in January.
Popular West Ham United Live News
- Confirmed: West Brom handed huge nurse ahead of promotion run-in 2020-06-11 19:45:03
- Leicester City transfer advice as pursuit for Liverpool midfielder continues 2020-02-10 10:45:02
- Academy of Football celebrates Jeremy Ngakia's graduation 2020-02-08 00:00:00
- Nottingham Forest linked with summer move for League Two star - and Derby County are also keen 2020-02-16 21:45:02
- PL Sunday preview: Bournemouth travel to Sheffield United; City host West Ham 2020-02-09 07:45:01
"We were rightful avoiding relegation last year when we signed Tomas. We brought him in to help us escape relegation. And Declan was playing in that relegation team," Moyes said.
"All those boys would be recital a hefty thank you to West Ham for helping them secure their careers back on passageway and putting them in the correct direction. If we perform the Champions League, I dont see that has to be the rationale that we can hold them."
Moyes said the travel West Ham keep made this season ought motivate his prime players to stay.
"I imagine the biggest item any footballer wants to see is that the bludgeon is creation progress, and individually they are forging progress," he said.
"Any clubs can set about offers, but weve own not had any substantial offers for any of them. I hope we dont gain any, but if we make we would consider them."
West Ham visit 13th-placed Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday (Apr 5).
It looks like the email address you entered is not valid.
Copyright© Mediacorp 2021. Mediacorp Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.