Football: Leipzig originate 1-1 at Frankfurt and girl arise to go best
FRANKFURT, Germany: RB Leipzig squandered their befall to unite champions Bayern Munich at the finest of the Bundesliga after represantation 1-1 at Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday (Nov 21).
The Bavarians had earlier slipped up at home against Werder Bremen by the alike score, giving Leipzig a ensue to link them on 19 points with a win.
Instead it was the hosts who scored first, with Aymen Barkok breaking the stalemate two minutes from halftime.
Popular Bundesliga Live News
- Roberto Firmino 'contacted by Bayern Munich' as Bundesliga champions sound out Brazilian over ... 2020-02-26 08:25:03
- Britain, Ireland hit as Storm Ciara whips over northwest Europe 2020-02-10 17:25:06
- Firmino and Sane top Bayern's summer wishlist - Paper Round 2020-02-10 06:25:05
- 2. Bundesliga 2019/20: Arminia Bielefeld vs Hannover – tactical analysis 2020-02-26 01:25:04
- Robert Lewandowski equals Gerd Muller's Bundesliga record and eyes even more history 2020-02-16 19:25:03
The Morocco international slotted in after three Leipzig defenders had failed to blatant a deep free kick floated in from the midpoint line.
The visitors, who face Paris St Germain in the Champions League on Tuesday, levelled with Yussuf Poulsens superb flick from Angelinos well-timed touchy in the 57th.
It was Frankfurt who had the change chances to mark again in the second half, with Leipzigs blessing effort coming in the 88th when keeper Kevin Trapp denied Poulsen from familiar range.
Leipzig swoop to third nook on 17, with Bayer Leverkusen in final on 18 and Bayern blessing on 19.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann; editing by Clare Fallon)
It looks like the email inscription you entered is not valid.
Copyright© Mediacorp 2020. Mediacorp Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.