Football: Bayern crush Arminia 4-1 with Lewandowski, Mueller doubles
BERLIN: Bayern Munichs Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Mueller scored two goals each as the German champions crushed hosts Arminia Bielefeld 4-1 in the Bundesliga on Saturday to bring within a mark of top spot.
Mueller scored either element of Lewandowskis double, with the Polish striker receipt his seasons account to seven confederation goals from four games, as Bayern moved to nine points, merit with third-placed Borussia Dortmund and one unpunctual leaders RB Leipzig, who won 2-0 at Augsburg.
Mueller grabbed an eighth minute lead with a crumb of luck after his finest effort was saved but the globe bounced back into his path, while Lewandowski was left with far too a great deal fracture to incision with a well-placed shot in the 26th.
Popular Bundesliga Live News
- Roberto Firmino 'contacted by Bayern Munich' as Bundesliga champions sound out Brazilian over ... 2020-02-26 08:25:03
- Britain, Ireland hit as Storm Ciara whips over northwest Europe 2020-02-10 17:25:06
- Firmino and Sane top Bayern's summer wishlist - Paper Round 2020-02-10 06:25:05
- 2. Bundesliga 2019/20: Arminia Bielefeld vs Hannover – tactical analysis 2020-02-26 01:25:04
- Robert Lewandowski equals Gerd Muller's Bundesliga record and eyes even more history 2020-02-16 19:25:03
Arminia goalkeeper Stefan Ortega kept the scoreline noble in the boon half with several spectacular stops, including a sensational one-handed recycle from Lewandowskis close-range header.
But the home keeper was beaten again with the last kick of the finest half, a deflected shot from Lewandowski after moral task from Mueller.
Bayern, who had to use changing rooms in a nearby school ahead of the game due to strict COVID-19 regulations, scored again six minutes after the restart when Lewandowski crossed and Mueller volleyed in from close range.
Arminias Japan international Ritsu Doan was rewarded for a fine performance with a goal in the 58th before Bayern were left with 10 men later the dismissal of Corentin Tolisso for a last-man foul.
Bayern, who also twice hit the woodwork, later hotelier Atletico Madrid in the Champions League confederation stage on Wednesday.
It looks like the email directions you entered is not valid.
Copyright© Mediacorp 2020. Mediacorp Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.