Everton told Newcastle they could image 24-year-old from them, but they refused - The Boot Room
Newcastle United were offered the chance to figure Mason Holgate from Everton, .
Newcastle were looking at landing loan signings as the window progressed, with their finances limited, and the Telegraph speak that the Magpies had plenty of chances to badge players.
Newcastle were offered Harry Winks and Ainsley Maitland-Niles, with Everton further giving them the follow to badge Holgate.
Popular Everton Live News
- Everton news and transfers LIVE - Carlo Ancelotti transfer message as Jordan Pickford is back in ... 2020-02-09 07:36:02
- Everton and fans send messages of support to 25-year-old following ACL surgery 2020-03-07 19:36:03
- Everton morning headlines as Carlo Ancelotti bays Diego Maradona and lawns designs ... 2020-11-26 10:36:03
- Andre Gomes will return to Everton squad for trip to Arsenal just three months after horrific ankle ... 2020-02-18 23:36:04
- Carlo Ancelotti's biggest task at Everton as Andre Gomes return poses new questions 2020-02-26 05:36:02
In the end, Newcastle overripe down the proposition and ultimately didn’t token any players on deadline day.
Holgate, instead, has remained at Everton – where he consign fight for a niche in Rafael Benitez’s squad.
On the exterior of it, Holgate actually could keep been an interesting appendix to Newcastle’s team.
The 24-year-old may retain fallen out of favour at Everton, but he possesses a figure of enviable qualities.
Holgate is able to show at right-back or in important defender, he is tolerably quick, and is capable of playing out from the back.
Newcastle are already moderately well stocked in defence, but Holgate is arguably an lift on most their modern options.
At Everton, meanwhile, his chances seem fragmentary remedy now.
Benitez has favoured other members of his first-team squad, with the Toffees creation a strong start to the season.