Everton and fans send messages of support to 25-year-old following ACL surgery
Published on March 7, 2020
A number of Everton fans have taken to Twitter to wish Toffees cult hero Gerard Deulofeu all the best in his recovery after confirming surgery on his ACL injury was a success.
Deulofeu enjoyed two fruitful stints with Everton, first on loan from Barcelona in 2013-14 and then permanently on the Goodison Park side’s books between 2015 and 2017.
The Spaniard left Everton 2017, on loan to Milan and then back at Barcelona in the summer after the Camp Nou side activated their buy-back clause.
Popular Everton Live News
- Everton news and transfers LIVE - Carlo Ancelotti transfer message as Jordan Pickford is back in ... 2020-02-09 07:36:02
- Everton morning headlines as Carlo Ancelotti bays Diego Maradona and lawns designs ... 2020-11-26 10:36:03
- Andre Gomes will return to Everton squad for trip to Arsenal just three months after horrific ankle ... 2020-02-18 23:36:04
- Carlo Ancelotti's biggest task at Everton as Andre Gomes return poses new questions 2020-02-26 05:36:02
- Wayne Rooney opens up on his Manchester United regret that left him 'gutted' for Everton fans 2020-02-14 11:36:03
Now at Watford, Deulofeu may be playing for one of the Toffees’ Premier League rivals but he remains well loved by the Goodison faithful.
Indeed, Everton fans will have especially loved how his current side claimed a 3-0 win over Merseyside rivals Liverpool last week, putting an end to their unbeaten run.
However, Deulofeu had to be stretchered off in the first half of the game and it was confirmed on Monday that he suffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus.
The 25-year-old took to following his surgery with the following message:
“I always thought that it wouldn’t happen to me, that this fatal moment wouldn’t arrive at all but, well, it happened to me indeed… but I can tell you that 10 minutes later, and with the love and help of my family at this very difficult time, I already knew and envision how to confront these next few months. I am ready to fight for this sport that I love so much!
“The surgery has been great and I can only thank Dr. Joan Carles Monllau and my workteam. I want also to thank you all for your support and nice words; you can’t imagine how close I have felt you all and the positive feelings that I have upon all your kind messages and love: thanks a lot to each of you, guys.
“I will be supporting the team and you will feel me in all of Watford games beside my teammates to reach our goals in this difficult season. Thank you and love you all.”
Along with well wishes from Watford fans, Deulofeu’s message prompted an outpouring of support from the Everton camp: