College football watchlist season is here. These are the Utah athletes to keep an eye on.
(Ed Kosmicki | Special to The Tribune) The red brace QB Charlie Brewer #12 prepares to let a pass fly during the annual caper football amusement at the University of Utah, 17 April 2021.
With nosedive camps form to ignite in a yoke of weeks, the 2021 football season seems to be legal around the corner.
That style its college football watchlist season, as analysts are starting to release their preseason watchlists.
Popular Athletic Club Live News
- '13 years down the drain. Just like that' — The Premier League's forgotten kids 2020-04-12 09:09:03
- 21 NW Houston athletes named to TSWA 6A all-state football teams 2020-02-21 01:10:07
- Army seeks encore act 2020-09-12 19:09:04
- New Oxford quarterback named top football player in York-Adams League by QB Club of York 2020-02-17 19:09:02
- Birmingham City linked with summer move for League Two star 2020-02-17 01:09:02
Here’s a compiled list of BYU, Utah and Utah State athletes that are being placed on the lists.
Bednarik Award, awarded to the boon defensive entertainer of the year.
• Devin Lloyd, Utah — Lloyd has 145 sum job tackles, 8.5 sacks, one interception, three passes guarded and one forced fumble.
• Justin Rice, Utah State — Rice, a and a expired Fresno State player, recorded 76 aggregate tackles, seven sacks, three quarterback hurries and one chasm breakup in 2020.
Davey O’Brien Award, presented to the first quarterback in the nation.
• , Utah — The senior transferred in from Baylor, where he ranks in the top-five in occupation completions (No. 1, 828), completion percentage (No. 2, .635), transient yards (No. 2, 9,700), touchdown passes (No. 2, 65) and fleeting efficiency (No. 5, 138.1).
Doak Walker Award, which honors the first running back in the nation.
• Tyler Allgeier, BYU — Last season, Allgeier rushed for 1,130 yards and 13 touchdowns on 150 attempts. The sophomore is expected to be the Cougars’ starting running back.
Maxwell Award, which is judged by a panel of sportscasters, sportswriters, and National Collegiate Athletic Association probe coaches and the membership of the Maxwell Football Club, is presented to the prime all-around athlete.
For e-edition questions or comments, influence customer support or email
sltrib.com © 1996-2021 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved.