Chelsea chasing La Liga youngster – 'Convinced' they must replace player in the summer
Chelsea’s chase for left-back Marc Cucurella is becoming a strong rumour in the Spanish media. The player is on loan at Getafe from Barcelona, and there’s a buying option which will be used.
On Monday morning, we had already covered a story from which said the Blues are entering the competition for the 21-year-old.
Now it’s time for to report the interest as well, this time with a few other details about the pursuit from the Stamford Bridge side.
Popular La Liga Live News
- La Liga feature: Three-pronged strategy to keep match-fixers out 2020-02-10 10:21:02
- Real Madrid beat Osasuna in Spain La Liga 2020-02-09 18:50:04
- The 'other' end of season signings 2020-02-11 23:21:03
- Granada Cruise to 3-0 Win Away to Osasuna 2020-02-23 15:21:02
- Sergio Ramos overtakes Fernando Hierro's La Liga record, Legend hails him after recent heroics 2020-02-13 02:50:04
The outlet claims that although Chelsea have two good left-backs, they are ‘convinced’ that Emerson Palmieri is returning to Italy at the end of the season.
That’s why the Blues are looking for an alternative for Marcos Alonso, and would be planning to bring another Spaniard for the position.
AS confirms that Cucurella has a release clause of €25m, with 40% of the fee going to Barcelona, which makes it more clear that he’d only leave Getafe if the clause is triggered.
The outlet considers the strongest competition to be coming from Napoli, although Bundesliga sides Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Mönchengladbach are interested in the player as well.
Football news from world media. Coverage of European and World newspapers.