Burnley and Southampton keeping tabs on League One star - reports
Clarets linked with summer move for Oxford United defender
have been linked with a move for Oxford United defender Rob Dickie.
The centre back has been a star performer for Karl Robinson's side in League One this season and that the Clarets, along with Premier League rivals Southampton, are keeping tabs on the 23-year-old.
Popular Burnley Live News
- Tom Heaton talks injuries, Ben Mee and a potential Burnley return 2020-02-10 12:38:03
- Big sports events today 2020-02-15 00:38:04
- I Missed Football. Then I Watched Netflix's 'The English Game' 2020-03-23 10:38:04
- The inside story of Ian Wright at Burnley 20 years since the striker signed for the Clarets 2020-02-08 00:00:00
- Burnley striker set to depart Turf Moor as reports emerge suggesting Tottenham could have signed ... 2020-02-16 13:38:02
Sean Dyche may well be in the market for a new defender with uncertainty surrounding Ben Gibson's future at the club with the 27-year-old currently training with former side Middlesbrough.
James Tarkowski attracted interest from Leicester City last summer and is current first choice at Turf Moor along with captain Ben Mee. Kevin Long is the other central defensive option available to Dyche.
Dickie has caught the eye this term and is into the final 18 months of his contract, meaning Oxford could look to cash in in the summer.
The 6ft centre half has made 41 appearances in all competitions for the U's this term, scoring once, and has played more than 100 games for the club since joining from Reading, where he came through the Academy, in January 2018.
The Clarets made one addition in the January transfer window, bringing in Josh Brownhill from Bristol City for a fee believed to be around £9million.