“BTEC Vertonghen”, “Fits Mourinho's mould” – Many Spurs fans debate targeting of La Liga winner
According to Tuttosport, via , Tottenham are interested in signing Inter Milan defender Diego Godin in the summer.
A deal could be worked out between the two clubs which may see Jan Vertonghen head in the other direction, though the Belgian’s contract is up at the end of the season anyway.
Godin has had a richly successful career having competed at Champions League level for several years with Inter and Atletico Madrid, as well as with the latter in 2014.
Popular La Liga Live News
- La Liga feature: Three-pronged strategy to keep match-fixers out 2020-02-10 10:21:02
- Real Madrid beat Osasuna in Spain La Liga 2020-02-09 18:50:04
- The 'other' end of season signings 2020-02-11 23:21:03
- Granada Cruise to 3-0 Win Away to Osasuna 2020-02-23 15:21:02
- Sergio Ramos overtakes Fernando Hierro's La Liga record, Legend hails him after recent heroics 2020-02-13 02:50:04
Tottenham are in need of defensive reinforcement after conceding under Jose Mourinho, and the Portuguese boss may view Godin’s experience as an attribute that could greatly improve his backline.
Many Spurs fans think the opposite, however, and are concerned with the fact that he is now 34-years-old.
That is partly born out of the fact that Vertonghen has declined since he has got older, averaging a this term, and that suggests they would rather bring in a young defender hungry to improve.