Brendan Rodgers plots Leicester move for Arsenal star Kieran Tierney as Chelsea eye Ben Chilwell
Chelsea are known to be keen on Leicester City star Ben Chilwell, and if reports are to be believed, Brendan Rodgers is planning a move for Arsenal left-back Kieran Tierney to replace him
Since Kieran Tierney joined Arsenal in the summer, there have only been fleeting glimpses of him in a Gunners shirt.
The defender joined from Celtic after undergoing an operation on his hip that kept him out of action until October.
Popular Leicester City Live News
- Aston Villa goalkeeper linked with surprise move to replace Liverpool flop 2020-02-08 00:00:00
- 'Outstanding' – Versatile Leicester City loanee scores as Filip Benkovic has debut to forget 2020-02-11 11:30:02
- Leeds United transfer rumours: Leicester join White chase, Leeds eye Larin, Darlow latest 2020-02-14 01:30:02
- United States win Wheelchair Rugby Quad Nations title for second time 2020-02-23 23:30:06
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang level with Jamie Vardy in Golden Boot race after two Arsenal goals 2020-02-23 21:30:03
He has since made five appearances in the Premier League, added to four Europa League outings and two games in the Carabao Cup.
But just as he seemed to be picking up steam, the Scotland international was back out of action after dislocating his shoulder against West Ham in December.
He has recently returned to training, but has been restricted to non-contact involvement and a return is not expected until at least March.
But that has not stopped a new rumour developing about his future.
Across the capital, Chelsea are said to be preparing a move for Leicester City star Ben Chilwell.
The England international has thoroughly impressed at the King Power Stadium since forcing his way into the first team in the 2016/17 season.
The 23-year-old looks set for a summer move, and Manchester City are also said to be eyeing a potential deal for the star, who could cost north of £80million at the end of the season.
Leicester are said to be ready to sell Chilwell if they receive a favourable offer, and report that Brendan Rodgers is already taking a look at possible replacements - with Tierney at the top of his wishlist.
The pair worked together at Celtic before Rodgers made the move south to Leicester, with Tierney becoming a key part of the side before his eventual £25million transfer to Arsenal.
And despite Tierney's injury problems of late, Leicester are said to be ready to offer Arsenal their money back on a deal for the 22-year-old.