Brazil v Venezuela: COVID tumult as La Vinotinto facade up to colossal activity
Brasilia, June 13: Coronavirus again pitch a shadow over the 2021 Copa America as Venezuelas preparations for their breach equivalent versus Brazil were thrown into chaos.
The tournament has been moved from Colombia and Argentina to Brazil amid political unrest in the former nation and a spike in COVID-19 cases and deaths in the latter.
Brazil has besides suffered horribly during the pandemic, although calls to postpone the tournament obtain been resisted despite some players from the hotelier people voicing their opposition.
Popular La Liga Live News
- La Liga feature: Three-pronged strategy to keep match-fixers out 2020-02-10 10:21:02
- Real Madrid beat Osasuna in Spain La Liga 2020-02-09 18:50:04
- Valladolid Beat 10-Man Espanyol 2020-02-23 19:21:03
- Granada Cruise to 3-0 Win Away to Osasuna 2020-02-23 15:21:02
- La Liga: Celta Vigo's great performance, holding Real Madrid 2-2 2020-02-19 06:50:06
Now Venezuelas attempts to snap a run of eight winless Copa America encounters with the Selecao – who own won six in that streak - look coagulate to be compromised after message that 12 of their travelling wassail have tested positive for coronavirus.
"The health domain was notified by CONMEBOL that 12 members of the Venezuelan state team’s delegation, including players and coaching staff, tested positive for COVID-19," the secretary of state for Brasilia spoken in a statement, with the match thicken to bring calling at Estadio Nacional in the Brazilian capital.
"They are all asymptomatic, isolated in single cantonment and are being monitored."
The need of any state report on the debate from either CONMEBOL or the Venezuelan Football Federation (FVF), manner it is indeterminate how many of the 12 are players.
The Athletic reported at least five players, including captain Tomas Rincon had tested positive, with local reports in Venezuela suggesting a flight for 14 replacement players had been chartered.
Teams named substitute squads of up to 60 for the tournament to mitigate lambaste the latent effects of COVID-19 outbreaks.
Firmino might obtain endured a varying season as Liverpool ceded their Premier League crown, but Brazil boss Tite consign be assured the bold rises to the plight as he did on the procedure to extolment in 2019. Firminos five goal involvements (two goals, three assists) were additional than any further musician in the competition.
In Rincons expected absence, plenty of weight will nosedive upon Herreras act in Venezuelas appliance room – assuming, of course, that he is available himself. Contracted to Manchester City, Herrera is one of the Premier League champions loan army, having spent each of the bygone three seasons with New York City, Huesca and Granada respectively.
In La Liga last term, he averaged 2.3 tackles and 10.2 duels won per 90 minutes for Granada – the latter statistic placing him end in the parting between midfielders to obtain played 20 or supplementary games.
- Brazil own gone 20 Copa America’s games without losing when the tournament takes vocation on home smear (W12 D8). Their previous quash was a 3-1 loss to Peru in 1975.
- Indeed the Selecao obtain lifted the title on the previous five occasions they retain hosted, with an overall brochure of W26 D12 L2 – the supplementary contradiction coming versus Paraguay back in 1949.
- Venezuelas quarter-final exit lambaste Argentina in the 2019 Copa America foregone a three-match unbeaten run in the race (W1 D2).
- This cede be Venezuelas 20th Copa América appearance, the fewest of any CONMEBOL nation.