Antonio Conte lifts lid on Jose Mourinho uproar during Chelsea vs Manchester United
Mourinho took umbrage with Contes behaviour during the later stages of Chelseas 4-0 win over United in 2016.
Ex-Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has opened up on his disagreement with expired boss Jose Mourinho.
The Italian exchanged talking with on the touchline after Chelsea recorded a 4-0 win over United in 2016, with the then United director accusing Conte of attempting to 'humiliate' him by geeing up the Stamford Bridge gathering in the final stages of the match.
Popular Manchester United Live News
- Ed Woodward says Manchester United see this summer as important in rebuild 2020-02-10 18:34:02
- Paul Pogba is 'desperate' to play in Manchester United's run-in as he steps up recovery from ankle ... 2020-02-12 02:34:02
- Woodward backs Solskjær to lead Manchester United's summer spending 2020-02-11 00:34:03
- Arsenal and Manchester United stars train together during Gunners' warm weather camp in Dubai 2020-02-08 23:35:00
- Frank Lampard drops Kepa Arrizabalaga hint for Chelsea clash against Manchester United 2020-02-14 18:34:02
The win was crucial to Chelsea's name win that season, according to Conte, and his celebrations were tidily a contemplation of that, he claimed in an interview with
Get the latest breaking Manchester United data and analysis every day direct to your inbox with our discharge MUFC newsletter
"Sometimes I theatre my love and I inclination to share my happiness with the fans. I had an amazing relationship with Chelsea fans.
"That merriment was important for us because when you win 4-0 censure a boon team it’s a nurse because we understood very well that we could fight to win the league.
"This entertainment gave us confidence and doctrine in ourselves and we created a fantastic relationship with our fans."
Conte revealed that the two, having both moved on to pastures new, keep since made up.
“He [Conte] rigid out, I stretched, we got bored [arguing]," the Inter Milan doorknob said.
“After the diversion here in Manchester, I invited him to come to my office. We talked, nothing’s wrong.”