Andy Robertson gives injury update as Liverpool ideal avoids surgery
Andy Robertson has given an update after he was injured during Liverpool pre-season kindly inveigh Athletic Bilbao
Andy Robertson commit maiden the provoke of the Premier League season with ankle ligament ruination – but has avoided needing surgery.
Robertson prompted a major injury appal when twisting his fix ankle shortly before half-time of Sunday’s 1-1 genial castigate Athletic Bilbao at Anfield.
Popular Liverpool Live News
- Manchester United eyeing move for former Liverpool FC winger and more transfer rumours 2020-02-08 22:55:36
- New Liverpool FIFA 20 squad changes revealed with five players updated 2020-03-26 10:55:04
- Champions League preview: Spurs and Liverpool look to overcome first leg losses 2020-03-11 05:55:01
- Liverpool FC target linked with a move back to the Premier League 2020-02-09 15:55:02
- How Liverpool dismantled key opposition weapon by strategic recruitment and clever coaching 2020-02-23 18:55:02
The left-back needful treatment on the field but was able to consign the pound without the absence for a stretcher.
Robertson underwent scans on Monday and was pictured leaving the city’s Spire Hospital on crutches with his amend foot in a brace.
That, though, is benchmark fashion for injured players until the reach of the ravaging has been ascertained.
Get all the present Liverpool breaking news, pair news, transfer rumours, injury updates plus analysis of what's following for the Reds.
You'll also get the present jettison rumour and analysis straggling to your inbox every day with our FREE email newsletter.
And Robertson has confirmed that while he will need a period of recuperation, the interrogation is not considered too serious.
“Thanks to everyone for the benign messages and support,” he said on social media.
“Scan suggests nil too major but there’s some ligament devastation which will absence to mend.
“I leave be grafting every day so I can backing the brace again sooner reasonably than later.”
With Robertson now absent, Kostas Tsimikas is considered favourite to succession up for Liverpool’s Premier League opener at Norwich City on Saturday evening.
And the fixture list could consign the Scottish full-back a further boost, with the Reds’ only further games before the later international rest are at home to Burnley and Chelsea, giving Robertson every befall of being available for the expedition to Leeds United on September 12.