Alan Shearer issues Harry Kane transfer warning to Tottenham and Jose Mourinho
Alan Shearer was breaking down his top 10 forwards on the latest Match of the Day:Top 10 podcast when he made the claim about the Tottenham Hotspur centre-forward
Alan Shearer believes Tottenham forward Harry Kane will leave the club in the next 12 months if they fail to win a trophy.
Shearer was breaking down his top 10 forwards on the latest Match of the Day:Top 10 podcast when he made the claim.
Popular Tottenham Hotspur Live News
- Tottenham Hotspur fans discuss Eduardo Camavinga 2020-02-12 09:32:03
- Tottenham Hotspur's version of the Academy Awards 2020-02-09 20:32:03
- Jack Grealish transfer latest: Man United terms agreed, Man City enter race, Tottenham's move 2020-02-09 11:32:02
- Spurs Exclusive: Paul Robinson makes big claim about Harry Winks 2020-02-09 23:32:06
- Phil Holder: I wear copper insoles to beat arthritis pain, says ex-football star 2020-02-24 02:32:02
And although Kane has scored 136 goals in the top-flight, and at this moment in time is the closest forward in the Premier League to break Shearer’s all-time record, it was still only enough to see him placed at number nine on his list.
But Shearer moved to clarify Kane’s position on the list and why he might look to move on from the club next year.
“I put it into the whole top, goalscoring, longevity, winning stuff with his team, so when you put all that in, the list is a tough one so that’s why he is at 9,” he said.
“He could definitely climb, depending on his fitness, on where he is, what success he has had, whether that’s at Spurs or elsewhere.
“I think, my guess is that if he doesn’t win anything in the next 12 months then he has to move.
“He’ll do another year but if nothing comes trophy wise, then he will be off. He’s very good in terms of finishing, bringing people into the game… It’s going to be hard for him to beat my record, 136 he is on, there’s a lot of ifs and buts.
“If he stays fit, if he stays in the Premier League. It’s going to be tough for him.”
Having launched last Wednesday, the new Match of the Day:Top 10 podcast, hosted by Gary Lineker, can be downloaded by fans on the BBC Sounds app.