AIC 'perplexed and surprised' by government scorn as Serie A eyes restart
The Italian Footballers Association (AIC) is "perplexed and surprised" by the governments scorn around training.
Prime vicar of Italy Giuseppe Conte announced on Sunday that individual probation could resume on May 4, and at couple facilities two weeks later.
Suspended last month due to the coronavirus pandemic, Serie A is reportedly planning to resume in June.
Popular Serie A Live News
- Persib Bandung the most popular Asian football club on social media, report says 2020-02-10 09:23:07
- Latest Tottenham transfer rumours: Spurs in Cantwell race, Bale blow, Smalling wanted 2020-02-18 00:52:03
- From Soweto To London, Catch The Biggest Derbies Only On SuperSport! 2020-02-08 00:00:00
- Reports: Serie A giants eye move for Arsenal star in summer transfer window 2020-02-15 07:52:05
- Serie A 2019/20: Parma vs Lazio – tactical analysis 2020-02-11 07:52:04
The AIC wants the government to reconsider its measures around traineeship in Italy, which has observed more than 27,300 deaths due to COVID-19.
"The AIC is perplexed, and surprised, regarding the governments ridicule on how to restart entertainment in Italy," it verbal in a account on Tuesday.
"It is considered discriminatory and illogical the idea of letting members of partner sports disciplines resume business in sports facilities and not allow professional footballers – as well as supplementary athletes registered for yoke disciplines – to bear out individual training in sports centres, as already allowed in March 2020.
"Furthermore, the act risks producing an aggravation and not containment of risk. A professional athlete needs this phase of initiation after this forced eradicate to evade injuries and to be ready to kindle confederation training on May 18."
The AIC added: "The hope remains lead government intervention to stop the obvious distortions that commit result from the application of the rules contained in the blessing ministers edict of April 26."
Juventus held a one-point surpass over Lazio when the season was suspended.